Video: Exploring Library Objects
Video: Objects List Area
These are the Author-it objects that you'll use most often:
- Topic: A small section of your document's contents, which usually contains a heading, paragraphs of text, and perhaps tables, graphics, and other objects. Each topic usually corresponds to one "page" in Windows Help, although there may be many topics in a single page in your printed or HTML output formats. Video: Using Topic Object Templates
- File: A graphic or other external file type that Author-it includes when you publish your document. Author-it's File object holds settings like scale and captions, and either the name of the external file or the actual embedded graphic. Videos: File Objects |Using File Object Templates
- Style: A formatting component that controls how text appears in a published document. Video: Working with Style Objects
- Media: A formatting component that controls section-level, page-level, and window-level formatting in published outputs. Video: Working with Media Objects
- Table of Contents: An auto-generated list of a document's contents, added when the document is published.
- Glossary: A list of definitions for specialized terms in a document.
- Index: A list of terms and synonyms in a publication that helps users find the content for which they're looking.