The Translation Jobs screen is a management interface for conducting all translation job tasks. It is he primary interface used in localization.
By default, the Translation Jobs screen displays the jobs grouped by Modified Date so that you can see the Word Summary per Batch just below the list of jobs for the batch.
You can customize the screen layout as necessary. For example, you can un-group to display a simple list of jobs. You can manipulate or customize the screen in many ways, and your settings will be remembered each time you return to the screen. Your changes are recorded in the database, not in cookies, so that your settings are retrieved no matter which computer you use for log in.
When contents do not fit onto one page, use the page navigation options located at the bottom of the screen.
To return to the default layout from a custom layout
Right-click a blank area of the screen (not a translation job), and select Default Workspace.
The screen displays a list of translation jobs that you can arrange, filter, sort, and group with the Translation Jobs Filters.
The Translation Jobs ribbon bar provides the tools to advance the jobs on this screen through their life-cycle.
This screen also has a right-click menu for the listed jobs.
The Change Status options displayed in the right-click menu are: Created, Downloaded, and Out for translation. You can change the status of a job between any of these options, but not for jobs with any other status applied.
In the screen the column headings and settings are:
- Job Name column: The unique Translation Job file name. The format is generated automatically when the Job is created.
- Reference column: The reference to which the Translation Job has been assigned.
- Batch column: Identifies Translation Jobs per batch, as they have been created. By default, jobs are grouped by this column.
- Service Provider column: The name of the company that will perform the translations.
- Source Locale column: The Source Locale of the Translation Job.
- Target Locale column: The Target Locale of the Translation Job.
- Due Date column: The date that the Translation Job is due to be completed.
- Created by column: The user who created the Translation Job.
- Created on column: The Date and Time that the Translation Job was created. By default, Jobs should initially be sorted in descending order (newest first) by this column.
- Word Count New column: The total word count of all content that is to be translated for the first time in this cycle. When the Translation Jobs screen is grouped, a summary row displays per group, with the total word count of the grouped Translation Jobs. When the jobs are grouped, you will see a Summary Word Count per Batch.
- Word Count Retranslated column: The total word count of all content that is to be retranslated. This content has possibly returned from translation, but on being reviewed, was found to require more work. When the Translation Jobs screen is grouped, a summary row displays per group with the total word count of the grouped Translation Jobs. When the jobs are grouped, you will see a Summary Word Count per Batch.
- Imported by column: The user who imported the translated .xml file from the Service Provider.
- Imported on column: The date and time the translated .xml was imported.
- Status column: Indicates the Translation Job's current process or status in the Translation Job Life Cycle (for example, Importing). When a Long Running Process is under way, an animation also displays in the Status column. Both animation and Status text are hyperlinks. Click them to open the Job Status display, which provides more detailed status information for each component of the translation process.
See Translation Job Status Column for a list of possible job statuses.