Acrolinx IQ is used to check individual topics in Contribute, based on the checking options defined in the Options pane. Any errors found during the check are flagged in the topic according to the type of error with a colored wavy underline.
Indicates errors with
Spelling and duplicated words
- Choose the Check Language button on the Acrolinx IQ Toolbar to check the topic. When Acrolinx IQ has finished checking the topic, any errors that have been found are displayed with a colored underline.
- Right-click on the error to show the Acrolinx IQ shortcut menu options:
- Style and Grammar: the shortcut menu lists the type of error, for example, Style: (avoid ing words). Select the error description to display more information in a new window.
- Spelling, Terminology, and Duplicated words: the shortcut menu lists alternative words or terms, or displays #duplicate# when a word has been duplicated.
- Choose an option from the shortcut menu, or correct the flagged item in the topic.