The best way to work with more than one author at the same time is to split your document up into multiple books - say, one for each chapter - and then put all these books inside one book, so you can publish them as one document.
- Create a new Book object, and name it the same as the chapter.
- Drag the chapter into the Contents tab of the new Book's window. You will now see a complete copy of the chapter inside your new book. Choose Apply to save your new Book.
- Go back to the original book and remove the chapter topic. Author-it will automatically remove all dependants.
- Next, move the new book so that it becomes part of the old book. Do this by dragging the Book object from the Library Explorer window into the Contents tab of the original book's window.
- Drag the sub-book into the position where the old topic was, like you would any other topic.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 for each sub-book.