Most devices no longer support Flash, so it's best to avoid using Flash if you can.
However, if you decide to incorporate Flash graphics in your content, do the following.
- Create your Flash and HTML file with the tool of your choice.
- Open Author-it and create a new file object based on the Linked HTML Code File template.
- On the HTML tab click on the ellipses button [...] next to the Filename field.
- Navigate to the folder containing the .htm file, select the file, and click Open.
- On the Linked HTML tab, click the arrow button next to the Additional files field.
- Click the Add button and navigate to the folder containing the Flash file.
- Select the Flash file and click OK.
The File object should now look something like this:
- Name and save the File object.
- Add the File object to the topic.
During publishing, the HTML code resolves and the Flash file is added. It is also copied to the publishing folder so you can include it with your HTML files when you distribute them or upload them to your web server.