The second step of the migration procedure is to ensure all the paths for folders containing the external files listed by your database are mapped to the folders you'll use in Author-it Cloud.
Objective for mapping
The objective of this step is to re-map the folder paths listed in the Unmapped Paths section. Initially all paths are listed in the Unmapped Paths list; when paths are mapped correctly they are removed from the Unmapped Paths list when you click Refresh Unmapped Paths. The mapped paths for the Author-it Cloud folder will be used to update the pathways in the object's properties in the library (so they will point to the new location of the external file in the Author-it Cloud folders).
Important: Although a path is shown for each file, you'll complete most (if not all) mapping at folder-level or sub folder-level.
- As an example, if all of your templates are stored in the correct sub folders within your Templates folder then you could just create a single entry for the Templates folder (and this entry would map all of the sub folders and files within this folder).
- As another example, the log shows 20 entries for the files stored in a single sub folder. Instead of mapping each file individually you can create one entry that maps the contents of the entire sub folder.
- If you select the Copy All option at the end of the mapping entry then all files in that folder will be copied to your zipped folder. Copy All is the default setting for each mapping entry under Templates, but needs to be selected in each mapping entry under Resources.
Folder paths should not end or start with a backslash in the Current folder column or the Author-it Cloud Folder column.
- Choose a folder path in the Unmapped paths section of the screen. Locate the matching folder path in the Excel file; copy the path.
- Click Add Row under the Templates or Resources list to create a new row. Click in the row until it turns from blue to white and shows the cursor. Type or paste the path into the row under the Current Folder column.
For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Author-it\Data\Templates\Word
- Type the destination folder name into the row under the Author-it Cloud Folder column.
For example, Word
Note: When you are mapping a folder use the Copy All check box to copy all files stored in that folder. This setting is automatically applied for the Templates section but not in the Resources section.
- Click Refresh Unmapped Paths to update the Unmapped Paths list and check your progress. This action also displays any messages for incorrect mappings.
- When all paths have been re-mapped, click Next to move to the folder confirmation screen.