Centralized Publishishing works as follows:
- Select a book and publish it with a profile configured for centralized publishing.
- This triggers the publishing server. Publishing will not start on your local PC.
- Centralized Publishing opens the Remote Publishing Jobs window that shows the publishing queue.
- Centralized Publishing places your publishing job in the queue of publishing jobs.
- Centralized Publishing starts your publishing job: it creates a publishing folder in a central location.
- Author-it Service Manager publishes your book on the publishing server to the required output format. A dedicated Windows AD user executes the publishing.
- Centralized Publishing runs the software required for publishing on the publishing server.
- When the job is ready, the user can open or download the resulting publication from the publishing folder.