- From the publishing profile, select the Actions tab.
- Click the Command Line action.
- In the Description field, type a name for the action.
- Click [...] and browse to the batch file.
The path is the location where Author-it finds and runs the batch file.
Type the path. Do not use relative paths unless you want the batch file to be run at a location within the Data folder.
Use the <variable.
- Add arguments if they are required by the batch file. The batch file code must also reference the arguments.
- Click OK to save the action.
The action appears in the After Publishing list. To move the action to the Before Publish list select the action and click the up arrow button.
- Save the changes to the profile.