Create new profiles to meet specific publishing needs or modify existing profiles as needed.
- Select the folder in which you want the profile to be created.
- In the main window of Author, select Design > Display > Publishing Profile. The Publishing Profile window opens displaying the General tab.
- Type a Description for the profile.
- Click the Applies To tab.
- From the drop-down list, select the publishing format for the profile.
- Add the Book templates and/or books you want to publish using this profile.
- Select the release states that content must be set to in order for publishing to complete, then:
- Select Enforce to stop publishing if any objects in the book are not in the selected release state(s).
- Select Warn to provide a list of any objects in the book that are not in the selected release state(s).
- Click the Theme tab and select the publishing template(s) that will be used by this profile. If required, create replacement rules, and add any additional files for HTML based outputs.
- (Optional) Click the Filters tab to add exclusion rules.
- (Optional) Click the Actions tab to add any before-or-after publishing actions.
Note: You cannot create any actions in Author-it Cloud. Contact Author-it support to discuss your publish action requirements.
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Modify an existing publishing profile by locating and opening the profile you want to change. Modify the criteria of your profile as required, and save the changes.