The DITA templates folder (located in your Data > Templates) contains the Author-it XML file used to create the topic templates and styles required to create DITA content. The objects are created in your library when you import the DITA Styles.xml file.
- Open the library you want to import the files into.
- Choose the folder to import into.
For example, by using the Restricted folder, the new templates are in located under the same parent folder as your existing templates. If the folder in your library has a different name, the import creates a new Restricted folder. If this happens, just move the new templates to the correct template folder.
- From the main window, go to Import > Author-it > XML File....
- From the folder containing the DITA Styles.xml file, click Open to begin importing.
The Object Mapping window appears. Information from the XML file is mapped to (New Object) which creates the new templates and objects necessary for creating DITA content. Select all of the objects.
- Click Next.
The Object Relation Mapping window appears listing all objects that are related to the ones being imported - in this case Media objects and Style objects. The objects must be mapped before the import can proceed.
- Click Next to continue.
- From the prompt to create a new folder for the imported objects, click Yes.
This creates a DITA folder under the folder currently selected in the Library Explorer.
The XML import's progress displays.
- Click Close after the import completes.