Author-it includes Web Help templates for publishing your online content.
The Web Help output publishes content to HTML but moves away from the standard HTML templates in the following ways:
- Publishes the Table of Contents (TOC) as a JSON file (toc.json).
- Implements breadcrumb navigation in the header area, and moves common functions to the header area, such as next and previous pages, email link, send feedback, and print page.
- Uses the Web Help Publishing Profile to swap the default media objects to the Web Help media objects.
- Provides an Edit this Topic button allowing end users who have Author-it installed to open the relevant topic within their library as long as they have permissions to access the library.
- Uses a webhelp.css file to control formatting and overwrite some styles used by other online outputs.