Type of source file to be used in your Web outputs. Other options may enable or disable when you choose a file type, as some properties are not applicable to some file types. The types available are:
- Embedded Picture or OLE Object: the embedded picture will be used. At publishing time the embedded picture or OLE object is extracted to the format specified in Output as and linked to the HTML or HTML based Help.
- Linked Picture files: valid HTML picture file formats (bmp, dib, gif, jpg, eps, tiff, tif, png).
- Linked Video multimedia files: windows AVI files.
- Linked Coded HTML document: precoded HTML documents. These will be inserted in the published document. This is a way of inserting complex formatting, Java script and applets and other specialized coding. Author-it only reads and inserts the information between the <BODY> & </BODY> tags. Information outside that is ignored.
- Linked URL file: links to images downloaded from a web server. At the time of publishing, this file is inserted into the document from a linked copy, not the original webserver location.
The WebSourceType element corresponds to the "Source Type" field on the HTML tab of the File object.
0,1,2,5 - where:
0 = Linked Picture File (*.bmp;*.dib;*.gif;*.jpg)