As you modify an index, you'll remove some objects as well as add new ones. If the object is not used in any other place in your library, you will be given the option of permanently deleting it. Otherwise, you are removing that object from this particular book or index only, and the object may continue to be used in other books in your library.
- In the Index Entries tab, select the entry you want to remove.
- In the Index Outline toolbar, click Remove, or right-click and then click Remove in the shortcut menu.
- The object is removed.
- If the object is used elsewhere in the library, it is removed only from this Index object.
- If the object is not used elsewhere in your library, you're given the option of permanently deleting it when saving the Index object.
- If the object has children, they are also removed, and you may also be prompted to delete them if they are not used elsewhere.
- Save your changes.