Use Author's Batch Import Wizard when you have multiple files in different folders to import at once, and want to change the import sequence or use a different profile.
- In the main window, choose Import > Batch Import. The Author Import Wizard opens.
- In the file type list, select the type of files you want to import.
- Choose Add, and then browse to the files you are going to import by using the Select a File window. (You can select more than one file at a time if they are in the same folder.) Choose Open. The Select a File window closes and the files that you selected are added to the list.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to select files from a different folder, and continue until you have selected all the files that you want to import.
Note: To remove files from the list of files to be imported, select the name of the file or files and choose Remove. (AIT> removes the selected files from the list.
- Use Move Up or Move Down to arrange the files in the order you want them imported.
- Select a profile to use for the import. If you don't select a profile, Author-it uses the default profile for the selected file type.
- You can confirm each step of the import (recommended), or import the files with confirmation by using the profile rules.
- Choose Next.