When you are re-importing HTML source files containing links Author will create new Hyperlink objects, or where appropriate, re-use existing objects.
URL and mailto links
- If the library already has a Hyperlink object referencing a URL or mailto address then that Hyperlink object will be reused.
Note: the URL or mailto address in the HTML source file and the URL or mailto address in the existing Hyperlink object must match exactly. If they do not, a new Hyperlink object will be created.
- If the URL or mailto address reference in the HTML source file is updated at a later stage a new Hyperlink object is created after the source file is re-imported.
- Hyperlink objects targeting a URL or mailto address can be stored in any folder in the library.
Note: the Hyperlink object must be accessible to the user when they import the HTML source files.
- If the importing folder already has a Hyperlink object it will be used during the HTML source file import.
Note: to reuse the existing Hyperlink object both the anchor and target topics (from previous imports) must remain in the import folder.
- If the anchor topic or the target topic is moved out of the import folder then a new topic-to-topic Hyperlink object will be created when the HTML source files are re-imported.
- If the target in the HTML source file's link code is changed then a new Hyperlink object is created when the HTML source files are re-imported.