These are the high-level steps required to include a header in your document's printed output. The following topics provide more information on creating the autotext entries, specifying the entry in Author, and setting the entries used by different sections.
- Identify the information you want to include.
- In your Word publishing template, create a header and apply formatting.
Use Fields for information that may change from section to section, such as the chapter name, or from document to document, such as release version, in order to use the same header in more than one place.
- Select the entire header area and save it in the Word publishing template as a named autotext entry.
- Specify the name of the autotext entry.
- In the Media object for the sections of your document where you want to include that header, select the autotext entry's name.
- See Defining a Header AutoText in Word 2010 for creating and editing an autotext entry in Word 2010.
- See Defining a Header AutoText in Word 2007 for creating and editing an autotext entry in Word 2007.
- See Specifying Header and Footer Names in Author-it for adding or importing the autotext entry names.
- See Setting Headers and Footers For Each Section for defining the headers and footers used by your Media Objects.