Before you use the Book Generator you can select which topics within the book should always or never be duplicated.
- Assign the Always variable to (some of) the topics in the book.
- Use the value Always if you always want to duplicate the topic.
- Use the value Never if you never want to duplicate the topic.
- Do not assign the value if you want to be free to choose to duplicate the topic or not.
- Make sure you have sufficient Authorization to use Book Generator in the folder in which the book is contained.
- Select the Book object you want to duplicate.
- Click the Book Generator button on the Manage tab.
The Select topics window opens. On top of it, the Set book description and folder window allows you to:
- Select the folder for the duplicated objects. Or create a new folder.
- Define the description of the new book.
- Define the print, web, help titles.
- Set a book description and the titles. To set the titles the same as the description, click the Synchronize button.
- Select a folder and click OK in the Output folder window.
- Select the topics you want to duplicate.
- Expand sub books in case you want to duplicate topics within a sub book.
- To remove a topic from the book structure, select Delete from the context menu.
- Change variable assignments as required.
- Click OK.
The resulting objects are created in the selected folder.