Variant criteria are created in Author-it Administrator, in the same configuration window that you use to create a variable.
- Open your library using Author-it Administrator.
- Go to Variables > Maintain Variables from the main menu. The Variables window opens.
- Click Add. The Variable default settings window opens.
- Type a Name for the variable. Choose a name that is unique and will not be used to describe any other criteria.
Note: The name may only contain the characters 0-9, a-z, A-Z and _ (underscore). The name cannot include a pipe "|" or semi colon ";" (these characters are reserved for use in the command line syntax).
- In the Display Name field, type a column name that will be used in the column header bar in the object list. If you leave the field blank, the column won't display in the object list.
- Click List of Values as the variable type.
- Select the [...] button next to Value. The List of Values window opens.
- Click Add then type a variant value in a new line.
- (Optional) Use the arrows to change the order level of the values.
- Select the This is a Variant Criteria check box.
- Assign the variant Priority.
- (Optional) Select Allow Multi Selectto allow multiple values to be assigned to a single object.
- Click OK to save the variable.
- Click OK when all of the values have been added.