If you want your reviewers to focus on a specific piece of updated content rather than an entire topic, you may need to adjust your workflow.
The default Review workflow for updating a topic assumes that your author has already changed content in Author or Contribute before the Review:
Create or Edit
Create or Edit
To meet your requirement you need to tweak this workflow so that your author does not update in Author or Contribute, but instead makes proposed or indicated updates.
In other words, start by placing the original content into a Review with yourself as the Reviewer. Then uses the normal Review utilities to propose how to change the original content.
To set up notifications for a partial review:
- In Author-it Service manager, edit Review’s notification settings to Start Automatically, with a minimal Poll Time in order to enable notifications as close to real-time as possible, to facilitate interactivity between the author and reviewers.
- Put just the topic for update into the defined release state for reviewing. For example, a release state called Author Review.
- Initiate a review using the Review Form. As the intiatator you are automatically also an editor, which is required in order to mark topics as Complete without necessarily Accepting/Rejecting comments.
- add the book that contains the updated topic
- define the release state for the Review to match that assigned to the topic
- make sure that the "Move topic to editorial when minimum mandatory reviewers have completed their reviews" check box is cleared, so you can mark the topic as Complete without disengaging it from the review
- assign yourself as a Mandatory Reviewer.
- In the review propose the update to to the content using the normal Replace/Delete/Insert/Comment tools.
- Edit the Review Form to assign the reviewers as either optional or mandatory reviewers. If you want your reviewers to participate in the proposed update, add them at the beginning of the review.
- The system sends notifications to your reviewers to begin their review. If you want, contact your reviewers with instructions for the review, being sure to inform them:
- The notification period has been set low so that you receive email notifications and News feed notifications as close to real-time as possible - please monitor these during the review.
- Please use the concurrent time period for the reviewing effort so that we all work on this simultaneously, and discuss it without time delays.
- Please monitor and use the Review Discussion Pane to discuss any issues.
- [For multiple topics] Only updated topics are accessible for reviewing. Please ignore the inaccessible topics.
- Please focus your attention only on highlighted content and its associated Comments/Suggestions in the discussion pane. Ignore all other content.
- When the Review ends, follow the normal procedure to Accept and Reject changes, move the Review to Editorial, and Edit in Contribute to create a final version.