The Contribute install file (Contribute_6.4.zip) contains all the files required for the installation (Xtend.zip).
Web Application Server
Copy the unzipped files to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Xtend.
Configure XtendService Config
In C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Xtend\Config\XtendService.config, add the following code between the Libraries tags:
<Library Alias="" Type="" Server="" Database="" TrustedConnection="" LoginID="" Password="" />
This code is the same as in APIServer.config and LiveEditor.config.
IIS - Manager
- Open IIS Manager and display the Default Web Site.
- Select Author-it Xtend under the Default web site, right-click and click Convert to Application.
Select the Classic.NET AppPool, or select your custom application pool if you have created one for Contribute, which should be running in the Classic pipeline mode.
Author-it Service Manager
- Open the Author-it Service Manager.
- If the library is not added yet use Add Library to add it to the libraries in Service Manager.
- Configure the Xtend service to start automatically and start the service.
- Make sure that the 'Number of threads' is 1.
Finishing the Install
Author-it service in Services must be restarted.
This service is running with the service account (Local Administrator/ Domain account) that also runs the application pools. Add this account in the Log On settings for this service.