When you connect via RDP to Author-it, this is what normally happens:
- Your browser connects to the RDP server.
- The RDP server sends your browser a public key and a certificate.
- Your browser tests the validity of the certificate by connecting via a normal website (HTTP) connection to a Certificate Verifying Authority, which compares the Author-it certificate to its Certificate Revocation List (CRL) and approves the certificate, allowing you to continue and make the connection.
If you have problems with the connection from a workstation, you should check the certificate, and ensure you have access through the firewall.
- Open a browser on the workstation and go to http://www.startssl.com/crt2-crl.crl
- If you can connect to the site successfully, the site will offer you the chance to open or download a certificate.
- If you cannot connect to the site you won't be able to download the certificate. In this case you'll need to talk to your IT Administrator to ensure you have access through the firewall..