Create the application pools in IIS to house the web application processes.You will need to create the pools WebAppsPool, InternalApiPool, and ContributePool.
- On your web application server, open IIS Manager (Internet Information Services Manager).
- On the left, expand the Connection.
- Right-click on Application Pools and choose Add Application Pool.
- Configure the new Application Pool with the following settings:
- Name: WebAppsPool (you can choose your own name)
- .NET CLR Version: v4.0.30319
- Managed pipeline mode: Integrated
- Check "Start application pool immediately"
- Click OK.
- Right-click the application pool you just created and go to Advanced Settings....
- Select Identity and click the ellipsis button.
- Choose a dedicated Windows user account that has access to all the network resources used by the Author-it application.
For example, the library, template, publishing, and image folders. [We recommend aitservice.]
Ensure the account has full access to the application folders in C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
- Repeat steps 3-8 for application pools for InternalApi and Contribute.