A Landing Page must contain a Landing Page Footer. It comprises:
- The Page Footer topic.
This topic should remain empty.
- Sub-topics for each item in the footer. If you don`t want footer links, do not include these topics.
These topics can contain text or a single hyperlink, but not images. The topic heading becomes the footer link. The target of a hyperlink can be to any page or object inside or outside the generated site. When you click on a footer link, the topic content opens in the main window, or a new browser window if an external link to a webpage.
- In the Magellan book, create a new topic based on the [PageFooter] template, as follows:
- Right-click in the book contents.
- Select: New > Topic > Magellan Template > [PageFooter].
Note: This is just one way of creating a new topic. Use whichever method you prefer.
- Use the green arrows on the book contents toolbar to adjust its position to below the Landing Page topic, and as a sub-topic.
Do not add any content to this topic. It will not appear on the landing page.
- For each required footer item do one of the following:
- Drag-and-drop an existing topic into the footer section.
- Create a new topic based on any template and enter content.
All of these footer item topics must contain only text (no images or links within the text), or a single hyperlink to another topic in the book or a webpage.
- Use the green arrows to place the topics as sub-topics of the Page Footer.
- Add more topics in the same way for each footer item.