Each user in a library should have their own user account:
- For security and auditing reasons
- Because many of a user's settings and preferences are stored against a user account. If users share an account their preferences may change unexpectedly.
- From the main menu, go to Security > User and Group Accounts....
From the User and Group Accounts window opens, click the Users tab.
- Click New. In the User Name window type the name of the new User, and click OK.
The window closes and your new user is added to the User drop-down list.
- Specify a user role from the drop-down list.
Important: If you are updating a library to use Active Directory Groups you need to map the existing user to the Active Directory User. If you are adding a new user leave the field blank.
- Specify which Group/s the new user belongs to.
- Click Apply to save the new user's account.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 4 for each new user, then click OK to close the window.