If you're creating a topic whose content differs only slightly from the content in another topic, you can use one of the following options to reuse the text:
- Use an embedded topic for the common part of both topics.
This enables you to update both topics at once.
- Copy the text from one topic into the other.
This enables you to update one topic without affecting the other topic.
If you choose the second option, you can use standard copy and paste operations on the topics, or you can use Paste As Text.
- Open the topic that you want to copy some text into.
- From the Library Explorer or the book's contents, select the content you want to copy from the source topic.
- Drag the source topic and drop it into position inside the target topic.
A shortcut menu opens.
- In the menu, click Paste As Text. The contents of the source topic are pasted into the target topic.
Note: The source topic is not linked in any way to the target topic; changes in the source won't affect the target.
- Save your changes.