Zip files and move them to a new location using the Zip Files after publish action. Add the files to an existing zip file, or use the action to create a new zip file.
Zip to existing file and Zip to new file
Zip to existing file adds the published files to your existing zip file. Zip to new zip file adds the published files to a new zip file.
When publishing, if the specified file name doesn't exist at the specified location then a new zip file will be created. If the file name does exist, then all published output will be added to the existing file. If you set up an action that zips to a new file, and publish twice, the first time you publish a new zip file will be created, the second time you publish the existing zip file will be updated.
- From the publishing profile and select the Actions tab.
- Select the Zip Files action.
- In the Description field, type a name for the action.
The description names the action, not the zip file.
- Select Include "All Output" to add all files from the publishing folder.
Click Add and select specific files.
- Select Zip to existing file and browse to the folder containing the zip file.
Select Zip to new file and browse to the folder where the zip file will be created, then add the file name you want to use.
- Click OK to save the action.
The action is added to the After Publishing list. To move the action to the Before Publish list select the action and click the Move Up arrow.
- Save the changes to the profile.