Exclusion rules are used in the Filters tab of the Publishing Profile to exclude topics from the published output. You can build expressions based on the release state applied to a topic, the folder containing the topic, or a variable value. You can also choose specific topics to be excluded.
- Open the profile and click the Filters tab.
- Click Add... to open the Exclude Topics window.
- Click criteria to build expressions using release states, folders, or variables, or browse to a specific topic.
- Save the rule.
Release states - used to exclude topics based on the assigned release states.
Select an operator ("equals" or "not") for the release state, then select the release state you want to apply to the rule.
Folder - used to exclude topics located in specified folders.
Select an operator (equals or not) for the folder, then browse to the folder you want to apply to the rule. When you select a parent folder you have the option to include all child folders in the rule.
Variable - used to exclude topics where the variable and specified value have been assigned to the topic at object level, not when the variable is used within the topic text.
- List of values variables - select the variable name, an operator (from the drop-down list), and a value (from the drop-down list).
- Text variables - select the variable name, an operator (from the drop-down list), and type the value.
The following operators are used to build an expression regarding the exclusion of a topic.
equal to or greater than
equal to or less than
Topic - used to exclude specific topics from the published output.