When publishing to the Web Help output, create a sitemap file listing the published web pages. Use the file to inform search engines that you have pages available for crawling.
- Locate the book (or book template) object used for your web help content.
- From the object's right-click menu, click Properties.
- From the Web tab, add the website's URL to the Base URL field.
Important: Make sure you include a forward slash after the web URL, for example, http://acme.com/
If you don't include the final forward slash the address won't resolve correctly.
- Save the changes.
After publishing (and uploading your content to the appropriate web server directory) you can submit the sitemap file to Google and Yahoo so they can crawl your site. The following links provide instructions for uploading the file:
- Submitting a sitemap to Google: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
- Submitting a sitemap to Yahoo: http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/