Create new profiles to meet specific publishing needs or modify existing profiles as needed.
- Select the folder in which you want the profile to be created.
- In the main window of Author, select Design > Display > Publishing Profile. The Publishing Profile window opens displaying the General tab.
- Type a Description for the profile.
- Click the Applies To tab.
- From the drop-down list, select the publishing format for the profile.
- Add the Book templates and/or books you want to publish using this profile.
- Select the release states that content must be set to in order for publishing to complete, then:
- Select Warn to provide a list of any objects in the book that are not in the selected release state(s).
- Select Enforce to stop publishing if any objects in the book are not in the selected release state(s).
- Click the Theme tab and select the publishing template(s) that will be used by this profile. If required, create replacement rules, and add any additional files for HTML based outputs.
- (Optional) Click the Filters tab to add exclusion rules.
- (Optional) Click the Actions tab to add any before-or-after publishing actions.
Note: You cannot create any actions in Author-it Cloud. Contact Author-it support to discuss your publish action requirements.
- Click Apply to save your settings.