All these grids are created in much the same way. Two or three levels of topic need to be added to the presentation book, depending on the type of content.
- At level 1, place the topic based on the appropriate grid slide template. This creates the grid slide.
- At level 2 below the grid slide, place topics containing the image, video or animation that show in the grid.
Add one level 2 topic for each grid element. For example if using a 2x2 grid you need 4 level 2 topics.
- If using an image at level 2 you can add a further level 3 topic for each image. This provides the explanatory information that is displayed in a separate popup window for the image.
Add one level three topic per image. If there is no explanatory information needed for an image, the level 3 topic can be omitted.
For example, for a 2x2 grid, the book contents would use three levels:
For information about image dimensions and scaling, refer to Image size requirements
- Create a topic at level 1 in the presentation book structure, based on one of the grid slide templates.
- Include a subtitle.
- For the level 2 topics, create or re-use topics based on the ImageNoHeading CH template. Use for image, video or animation. The topic heading will not show in the grid with the topic content.
- Place these as sub-topics to the Slide topic.
- Add the image, video or animation content for the level 2 topics by creating or re-using a file object.
Whatever you add to these topics will appear in the grid element.
- Place them in the order you want them to appear on the grid. Refer to Grid layouts and topic order for specific information on this.
- For the level 3 topics, create or re-use topics based on any template. The topic heading will appear as the popup title.
- Add the content for the popup.
- Place each one as a sub-topic to the related level 2 topic.