This is a quick reference for Author-it administrators or implementers who are upgrading from Author-it version 5.5 or later. Read the rest of this document or follow the links for further details if steps listed here are unclear.
- Make sure all open reviews in Contribute are completed. It won't be possible to complete the review on a later version of Author. (web apps only)
- Ensure environment meets minimum requirements. Specifically make sure that .NET Framework 4.8 is installed on all application servers.
- Make sure you have a copy of the latest version of Author-it.
- Make sure your existing libraries are backed up.
- Make sure you have a copy or have access to the credentials for service accounts and admin rights for all servers (including SQL Server) and workstations.
- Make sure your existing web applications are backed up. (web apps only)