You can quickly create a new filter by basing it on an existing filter. You can use the same method to rename a filter. In this procedure, you'll create a new filter and rename it. You can then delete the original filter if it is no longer needed.
Create a new filter based on an existing filter, or modify an existing filter's name
- Open the Select Filter Criteria window:
- From the Library Explorer, go to Author > Variants > Filter > Custom...
- From the book, go to Edit > Variants > Filter > Custom...
- In the Favorites drop-down list, select the filter.
- Make the modifications to the filter's criteria values.
- Modify the filter's name.
- With the cursor in the Favorites field, press Enter on the keyboard to save the new filter.
- Click OK to close the Select Filter Criteria window.