The Help tab contains properties that define how each topic object publishes in the online Help system. The properties define things like the topic heading, browse sequences, aliases, and the help window in which the topic displays.
Defines the Heading that will appear in Windows Help for this topic.
Determines if the Help Heading is placed in the non-scrolling region of the help window.
Sets a relationship to the Style object that the Help Heading uses.
Sets a relationship to a Macro Procedure object that defines the Windows Help Macros that will be executed each time this topic is opened.
Include in browse sequence
Determines if this topic is included in the current browse sequence. The current browse sequence is set by the last topic to start a new browse sequence.
Start a new brose sequence
Determines if this topic marks the start of a new browse sequence. Any topics following this topic in the contents, with Include in Browse Sequence set on, will be included in this browse sequence.
Sets a relationship with a Media object that defines the help window that this topic will be displayed in when it is called from the Help Contents, Index, Jumps, or from any Related Topics pop-up.
Allows you to choose how this topic will be displayed when you jump to it from the Help contents. You can choose:
- Display as a Popup: the topic will be displayed as a pop-up.
- Show only as a heading: no topic will be created in Windows Help, only an entry in the contents is created.
- Display in the Default Window: the topic will be displayed in the window defined in Topic Help Window.
- Do not show in contents: a topic is created in the Windows Help, but this topic will not appear in the contents. This can be used for What's This Help topics and other topics that you don't want in the contents. (This setting is also used in HTML outputs.)
Note: Child topics or books beneath the topic (which is set not to show in the contents) "inherit" the same behavior and are also hidden in the contents. Also, if a sub book is included in the contents of another book, the sub book's title will not appear in the main book contents, only the topics inside that book.
- Execute this Macro: allows you to set a relationship to a Macro Procedure object to be executed. A topic is still created but the macro may not necessarily display the topic.
Allows you to define an alias for a Help Topic. This alias can be used when linking in to your help file.
Allows you to define an alternative context string for the topic. By default, the context string is the Object Code of the topic prefixed with the letter "O", for example, "O123". This context string can be used when linking in to your help file.
Allows you to define an alternative context ID for the topic. By default, the context ID is the Object Code of the topic. This context ID can be used when linking in to your help file. The Context ID field supports 50 numeric characters.
Note: Alias Name and Context String fields can contain both alpha and numeric characters, while the Context ID field can only contain numeric characters.