Contribute makes it easy to replace one object with another object. When you choose this option, all of the current object's relationships are updated to use the new object.
- Make sure all objects that have a relationship with the object you're replacing are closed. If any of these objects are open, replacement will not happen.
- In the folder or search object list, select the object you want to replace. This is referred to as the "current" object.
- Right-click, and in the shortcut menu select Replace. The object search window opens.
- Add all or part of the object's description and press ENTER on your keyboard. In the results list, select the object that will replace the current object, and then click OK.
- Click OK in the confirmation box.
Author-it changes all of the current object's relationships to point instead to the replacement object.