Contribute merges cells in a table relative to the position of the cursor (or the active cell), with columns merged to the right of the cursor, and rows merged below the cursor. To ensure that the correct cells are merged, the cursor should always be in the top left cell of the group of cells that you are merging.
- Open the topic containing the table, or insert a new table.
- Move the cursor to the top left cell in the group of cells that you want to merge.
- Click the Merge Cells button on the Table Toolbar
Right-click inside the cell and then click Merge Cells... from the shortcut menu.
- In the Merge Table Cells dialog box, choose the number of columns or rows to merge:
- Columns - merges the number of columns to the right of the active cell
- Rows - merges the number of rows below the active cell
- Click Update to merge the cells.
- Save the topic.