The Insert Existing Picture option is used when you want to reuse a File object that already exists in the library.
Insert Existing Picture
Using this option you can search for an image using its File object description and preview the image before inserting into the topic. If you don't know the File object's name you can use the * wildcard and part of the description name. The Preview pane also includes a link to open and view the image's XML properties.
- Move the cursor to the point in the topic where you want to add the image.
- Click the Insert Existing Picture button on the Topic Toolbar.
- Add the search criteria and press the ENTER key (on your keyboard). Contribute searches the library for any File objects that meet the criteria, and displays the first 10 results.
Note: If you do not find the image try refining your search criteria.
- Select an image description from the results list to display the image in the preview pane.
- Click Insert to add the image to the topic.