You can format individual table cells by using the Cell Properties option. The dialog box provides options for adding cell borders (line width and color), adding a background color, or changing the cell width.
- Open the topic containing the table, or insert a table into the current topic.
- Move the cursor to the cell that you want to format.
- Click the Cell Properties button on the Table Toolbar.
Right-click inside the cell and click Cell Properties... from the shortcut menu.
- Change the cell width, if needed (table measurements are based on pixels).
Note: changing the width of a cell updates all cells in that column.
- Select Background Color [...] to open the color picker and assign a background color for the cell.
- Select the cell border options:
- Select the border width from the drop-down list
- Select [...] next to the border to open the color picker and assign a border color
- Click Update to format the cell.