Choose character and paragraph styles in the Styles Toolbar.
Identify the style applied to text by positioning the cursor in the text. The applied style are shown in the drop-down lists on the Styles Toolbar.
There are differences between character and paragraph styles:
- A paragraph style is applicable to one or more paragraphs, and will change both character and paragraph formatting, including bulleting and numbering.
- A character style is applicable to one or more selected characters within a paragraph, and will only change character formatting.
To apply a paragraph or character style to text:
- In the Topic Editor, select the text to which you want to apply the style:
- If applying a paragraph style, position the cursor in the paragraph that you want to change. If you want to change more than one paragraph, select the paragraphs you want to change.
- If applying a character style, select the characters that you want to change.
- Choose the style from the paragraph or character lists, or choose the style from the style icons.