Type of source file to be used in your Windows Help output. Other options may enable or disable when you choose a file type, as some properties are not applicable to some file types. The types available are:
- Embedded Picture or OLE Object: The embedded picture will be used. At the time of publishing, the embedded picture or OLE object is extracted to the format specified in Output as and linked to the Windows Help system.
- Linked Picture files: valid Windows Help picture file formats. These are; bitmaps (.bmp), Windows metafiles (.wmf), device independent bitmaps (.dib), segmented hypergraphics (.shg), multi-resolution bitmaps (.mrb).
- Linked Video multimedia files: windows AVI files.
- Linked Coded RTF document: precoded Windows help RTF documents. These will be inserted in the published document. This is a way of inserting complex formatting.
- Linked OLE objects: any valid file type can be selected. At the time of publishing, this file is inserted into the document as an OLE object. The OLE server must be installed for the selected file type.
- Linked URL file: links to images located on a web server. At the time of publishing, this file is inserted into the document.
The HelpSourceType element corresponds to the "Source type" field on the Windows Help tab of the File object.
0 to 4, where:
0 = Linked WinHelp Graphics file (*.bmp;*.gif;*.wmf;*.dib;*.shg;*.mrb)