Allows you to choose how the hypertext link will be inserted:
- Cross reference: a page number cross reference is created if the destination topic is found in the book being published.
- Footnote: the unformatted text of the destination topic is inserted as a footnote.
Note: Footnotes are limited to a maximum of 500 characters and cannot contain multiple paragraphs or special formatting. If the destination topic contains more than 500 characters, only the first 500 characters are used.
- Endnote: the unformatted text of the destination topic is inserted as a note at the end of your document.
- Embedded inline: the anchor text is removed and replaced with the text of the destination topic.
- Embedded block: the fully formatted text of the destination topic is inserted as an embedded topic. If the hyperlink occupies the entire paragraph it is replaced, otherwise a new paragraph is created following the one containing the hyperlink.
Note: When using either embedded option, only the first topic in the hyperlink is used. If the link targets multiple topics, the remaining topics are ignored.