User Groups allow you to set permissions for a group of users who share a similar function in Author-it such as, writers, reviewers, or administrators. After you have created the group, specify who its members are. Users inherit their group's permissions and can have their own individual permissions as well.
- From the main menu, go to Security > User and Group Accounts....
The User and Group Accounts window opens. Click the Groups tab.
- Click New. In the Group Name window type the name of the new Group, then click OK.
The window closes and the new Group is added.
- (Optional) If you are setting Active Directory groups, select the Group in the Author-it Group drop-down list.
- From the Active Directory Group drop-down list, select the Active Directory group you want your Author-it group mapped to. Click Match to complete the mapping. Then click Yes in the confirmation message box.
- Click Apply to save the new group.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 4 for each new group, then click the OK button to close the window.