The presentations.zip file contains two Author-it XML files:
- Presentation Templates.xml. Containing the new objects and templates used in your library to create presentations. This file should be imported first.
- Sample Presentation.xml. Containing a sample presentation (book and topics) that can be published from your library to give you an idea of how it all works.
- Open the library you want to import the files into.
- Choose the folder to import into.
We recommend selecting the Restricted folder so the new templates are in located under the same parent folder as your existing templates.
- In the main window go to Import >Author-it > XML.
- From the folder containing the XML files, select Presentation Templates.xml then click Open to begin importing.
The Object Mapping window opens. Information from the XML file is mapped to (New Object) which creates the new templates and objects necessary for creating presentations.
- Click Next.
The Object Relation Mapping window opens with a list of all objects that are related to the ones being imported - in this case Media objects and Style objects. The objects must be mapped before the import can proceed.
- Click Next to continue.
- From the prompt to create a new folder for the imported objects, click Yes.
A Presentations folder is created under the currently selected folder in the Library Explorer.
- After the import complete, click Close.
- Repeat the steps to import the Sample Presentation, and select the Sample Presentation.xml file.