The first step for enabling users to log in using Active Directory is to map the Author-it library groups to their corresponding Active Directory group.
When setting Active Directory:
- The Active Directory Group list is populated from the DOMAIN\Users organizational unit list. When required, Active Directory names from other organization units can be typed into the drop-down list and saved when Match is selected. Make sure the path and group name are an exact match with Active Directory.
- When logging in to a library, if a user belongs to more than one Active Directory group the folder permissions from the group that are the "least restrictive" are used.
To map Author-it groups to Active Directory groups in a new library:
- Open the library using Author-it Administrator, then go to Security > User and Group Accounts...
- Select the Groups tab.
- Select an existing group or create a new group.
Important: If you create a new group make sure you assign the appropriate Author-it Folder and Release State permissions.
- Select the Active Directory Group then click Match and complete the mapping.
- Apply your changes.
- Repeat the steps until all of the Author-it groups have been mapped to their Active Directory Groups.
- Save your changes.