Each user in a library should have their own user account:
- For security and auditing reasons
- Because many of a user's settings and preferences are stored against a user account. If users share an account their preferences may change unexpectedly.
- From the main menu in Author-it Administrator, go to Security > User and Group Accounts...
- Select the Users tab.
- Click New.
- Enter a name for your user.
Your new user is automatically selected under Author-it User.
- Important: If you are updating a library to use Active Directory Groups, map the existing user to the Active Directory User. If you are adding a new user leave the field blank.
- Click Clear Password.
- (optional) Change the user's password. Skip this step for Active Directory users.
If you don't change the user's password, they won't need to enter a password the first time they log in. They'll then be able to select their own password.
- Specify which Group/s the new user belongs to.
- Repeat these steps for each new user.