Video: Starting a new Review
The parameters for a Review need to be specified on a review form:
The procedures for changing settings in this form are described in detail in Configuring the Review Form.
The Review details group enables the review initiator to select the book and the variation of the content, and to set the start and finish dates.
- Book to review - Displays the book selected for review. Once the review starts, this field is read-only. You must have a minimum of List Objects under the folder permissions to view a book in this list.
- Variant assignments - Defines the variant assignments required for this review. Enables Reviews to determine which topics to include in the review, and how to resolve the variable assignments.
- Review state - Displays the release state that the topics in this book must be placed in to be reviewed. The drop-down list provides a list of all states of type "review". A particular book may participate in several reviews, and each review must use a different review release state. After the review has started, this field is read-only.
- Editorial state - Displays the release state that the topics in this review will move into for the editorial phase. The release state changes when the topic is moved from the review phase to the editorial phase. After the review has started, the state cannot be changed.
- Next state - Displays the release state that the topics in this review will move into after the editorial phase. After the review has started, this field is read-only.
- Publish Profile - This enables the initiator to select a publishing profile to create the output that appears in the Preview pane. This can be modified after the review has started.
- Start review on - Specifies the date and time on which the review will begin. Select an option from the calendar and time drop-down list (or, you can type the values in the fields if you use the correct format). Once the start date has been reached, authorized users can view and work with the review. After a review has started, the start date cannot be modified. The start date cannot be set for a date in the past. Reviews can be created ahead of time; while they are "pending" they are visible only to the initiator.
- End review in - Specifies the date and time on which the review is set to end. Select an option from the calendar and time drop-down list (or, you can type the values in the field if you use the correct format). The end date must be later than the start date. The end date can be modified after the review has started; all participants are notified of the change.
- Remind reviewers - When checked, this option specifies the amount of time before the review is due to end that the system will send reminders to all mandatory and optional reviewers. Select from a list of common time frames. The reminder lists the topics that are still to be reviewed.
- Move topic to editorial when minimum mandatory reviewers have completed their reviews - When checked, and the minimum number of mandatory reviewers have completed their review, the topic is automatically moved to the Editorial state and the Authorized editors are notified. This option is used in conjunction with the drop-down for setting the minimum number of mandatory reviewers.
Review participants group
The Review participants group defines which Author-it users will be involved in this review.
Important: There must be at least one Mandatory Reviewer and one Editor selected to start a review.
- All users - Shows a list of all Author-it users who can be selected to participate in the review. The list is grouped by the security groups in Author-it Administrator. Select the group name to add an entire group as reviewers or editors, or expand a group to select and add individual users. Use the move buttons to add or remove users from the reviewer or editor groups. At least one member must be added to a group before it will be displayed in the list.
- Mandatory reviewers - The users who must participate in a topic's review before it is considered complete. There must be a minimum of one mandatory reviewer.
- Minimum - Specifies the minimum number of mandatory reviewers that must review each topic before it is considered as reviewed. This option defaults to "All", meaning all mandatory reviewers must participate, or choose another option from the list. This setting is used with the "End review when minimum mandatory reviewers have completed" option.
- Optional reviewers - The users who may complete a review on a topic. These users do not have to participate for the review to be considered complete.
- Authorized editors - The users who accept or reject suggestions proposed by the reviewers. There must be a minimum of one authorized editor.
Notes on review participant options
- A user can be a mandatory reviewer or an optional reviewer, but cannot be in both groups in the review.
- An authorized editor can be any user, and does not have to be a mandatory or optional reviewer.
- There must be at least one mandatory reviewer and one authorized editor.
- Users can be added or removed from any of the lists by using the corresponding Add or Remove buttons.
License usage confirmation for a Review
Use this function to confirm sufficient licenses for the Review. The license usage details update dynamically as you change participants.