The Reviews's table of contents pane displays a list of books in review for which the user is currently selected as a participant. It also provides a link to the news feed page. The toolbar includes a refresh button and navigation for moving between topics.
Refresh, navigation, and news feed
Refresh frequently to update the objects in the contents pane so that you can track the status of the topics as they move into the review phase, are reviewed, and then move to the editorial phase.
Navigate to Next and Previous topics in the table of contents pane.
Navigate to Next and Previous topics currently in review in the table of contents pane.
Expand All and Collapse All topics in a Book.
Display the News Feed page to show the most current activities on any review in which the user is a participant.
Books and topics in review
Grayed text: Topic is not included in the review.
Normal text: Logged in user has completed their review on this topic.
Bold text: Topic is awaiting review.
Bold text on child topic: In this example, an embedded topic that has been added to the X3001 Features topic is also in the review state.
Orange text: Another participant has commented on a topic that you have already marked as complete.
The following details relate to the books and topics displayed in the table of contents:
- Use a single click to move between topics in the book, or between books.
- The number of topics included in the review is shown after the book's name, or after a parent node.
- Use the toolbar buttons to move between topics (arrows) or between review topics (topics with arrows).
- Use keyboard navigation to move to the previous node (Up arrow) or next node (Down arrow), expand a node (Right arrow) or collapse a node (Left arrow).
- Display the Review Summary for a book by selecting the book and then choosing Review > Edit (review initiators only).
- The following formatting is applied to entries in the table of contents to indicate the review state:
- Bold text: Indicates the topic, or a child of it, needs review. When a topic is selected, all reviewing functionality is enabled and suggestions from other reviewers are shown.
- Normal text: Indicates the topic has been reviewed by the current user and their review has been marked as complete. When a topic is selected, all reviewing functionality is disabled and suggestions are shown.
- Grayed text: Indicates the topic is not currently available for review; that is, the topic is not in the review release state defined for this review cycle. When a topic is selected, all reviewing functionality is disabled.
- Orange text: Indicates that another participant has commented on a topic that you have already marked as complete. You may need to re-open the topic to read the comment and possibly initiate a discussion.
- A topic in the review may contain expanding hyperlinks (expanding block or inline, or popup on click or hover) or embedded topics. When the target topics (hyperlinks) or embedded topics are also in the review state, they are added as children of the "host" topic in Reviews's table of contents. This display occurs whether host topic is in review or not.
A Review may still be active even after its end date or time
This may happen if one or more Mandatory Reviewerers has not yet completed their Review. You can manually Complete the Review of a review you have assigned in order to force all topics to the Editorial stage, or you can ask the mandatory reviewer(s) to complete the Review.