The following types of participants play an active role in a review:
- Review Initiator - Configures the Review Form to define users, dates, and the release states that will be used. By default, the initiator becomes an editor for the review.
- Author - Creates the content and moves the topics into the Review release state in Author, thereby setting the topic as read-only and triggering automatic email notifications to all reviewers.
- Reviewer - Inspects topics, adds suggestions, and marks their review as complete. In the Review Form, a reviewer can be a Mandatory or Optional Reviewer.
- Editor - Views, accepts, or rejects comments in either Reviews or Contribute. Makes any final changes to the topic by content using Contribute.
- Approver - Approves or rejects previously reviewed content.
- Signer - Signs off the review after it has been approved.