The Book Selector window provides advanced search options for locating books in the library. Your user permissions and access to content will control the results that you see. If you cannot find a book, check you have sufficient permissions to the folders and release states.
Folder selection pane
Type the search text string here. If you do not know the exact name of the book, you can type a portion of the book name. You can also add wildcards; use "?" for a single character and "*" for multiple characters.
Search results list and Page Navigation
Close the Book Selector or select book/s
- Open the Book Selector window.
- Use one of the following options to search for a book:
- Search for all books in the library: Select All folders, but do not type a search string - all of the books you have permissions to view open in the list.
- Search for all books in a specific folder: Expand the folder list and select a folder; all books in that folder that you have permissions to view are shown in the list. Selecting a parent folder does not include its sub folders in the search.
- Search for a specific book: Select the folder option, type the book name in the search field, and then press the ENTER key on the keyboard. If you do not know the exact name of the book, type a portion of the book name. You can also add wildcards; "?" for a single character, or "*" for multiple characters.
Note: To clear a book name or a previous search, put the cursor in the search field, delete the text string, and then press the Enter key. Important: If you do not press Enter, the selector remembers the search string, even though you have deleted it from the search field.
- Select the book from the search results list and click the Select button to close the window and add the book name.