After you install and configure the API Server Internet Information Services you can test your installation.
- Find the Installs\Author-it API Server for IIS folder in the Author-it SDK download package.
- Run the Author-it API Server for IIS.msi setup file and follow the prompts.
Windows During the installation, you'll be prompted for the Application Pool. When you are installing on Windows Server 2008 select the Classic .Net AppPool (or an application pool that does not use the integrated pipeline mode). The Windows Server 2003 equivalent is DefaultAppPool.
If you install the API Server Internet Information Services on a 64-bit operating system, you must set to true the value of the Enable 32-Bit Applications property for the application pool.
- Open IIS Manager and select the Author-it API site (the default location is under the Default Web Site).
- Configure authentication for the application.
- Restart IIS Manager to apply the changes.