When you click Save, the the API Server Configuration Tool saves the settings to the APIServer.config file in the selected Server Application Programming Server installation folder.
- Open the API Server Configuration Tool.
- Select API Server in the left pane. In the API Server screen click Configure Author-it API Server Installation then browse to the Author-it API Server install folder.
Note: The default install location for the Author-it API Server is C:\Program Files\Author-it Software Corporation\Author-it API Server and the default install location for the API Server Internet Information Services is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AuthoritAPI.
The API Server Configuration Tool displays the Author-it API Server options.
- Select the check boxes for the Endpoints you'll be using, clear the check boxes for any Endpoints you won't be using. Save the changes to the screen.
- Set the base address for the endpoint if different from the default.
Note: You can leave the Base Address as shown in the screenshot when you are completing the settings for API Server Internet Information Services. In this case, these fields are not used and any addresses found in the fields are ignored.
- Save the changes to this screen.
Normally you will install either the Author-it API Server Service or the API Server Internet Information Services. However, if you install both on the same server you need to create two instances of the configuration settings within the configuration tool. To do this, ensure that you create and save the settings for one installation, then close those settings before creating the settings for the other installation. The API Server Configuration Tool saves the settings to the APIServer.config file in the selected installation folder.
After you configure the Apache Server Application Programming Interface installation, you configure each library that you want to enable for Server Application Programming Server access.